Need help with a specific problem in Brightspace? Click here for help on every aspect of Brightspace, including the truly obscure stuff.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you are new to Georgia State University, or your Campus ID password has expired, you will need to activate your Campus ID here.
- Also for new students, you will not be able to log in to Brightspace until 2 weeks before classes begin.
- If you are a returning student and can’t log in, try resetting your password here. Once you have reset your password you should be able to log in.
If you still can’t log in please call the help center at 404-413-4357.
- Courses are not available to students until 2 weeks before the semester begins.
- During drop/add, there is a 1-3 business day lag time between when you add your courses and when they will automatically appear in BrightSpace.
- Your courses are displayed to show the most recently accessed courses. If you haven't accessed the course yet, it won't show up in your course list. To access your course the first time, you will need to locate it by clicking on the magnifying glass at the top of your course list
If your courses are not listed and you need to get into one or more immediately please contact your instructor and ask that they add you to the course. The help center cannot add you to courses.
- Your browser doesn't properly function with Collaborate (we recommend to use the most recent version of Chrome)
- The version of Java on your computer is not supported by Collaborate (you can get the most recent version here)
- The internet connection you are using is too slow or busy to support video and audio streaming services (try to access the course in a location with faster internet speeds)
For additional online support, you can visit the Collaborate support site, here. If you are still having problems please contact the help center at 404-413-4357.